ABOUT THE COMPANY PROVIDING THE INTERNSHIP:
Sappi is an internationally diversified woodfibre company, which provides dissolving pulp, packaging, speciality papers, graphic papers, biomaterials and biochemicals to direct and indirect customers in more than 150 countries.
Sappi entered in South Africa in 1936 to serve South African consumers with locally produced paper. Sappi Southern Africa operates currently has 5 operating mills and is the largest manufacturer of dissolving pulp (DP) in the world. Most of South Africa’s producted produced are exported into the international market.
DETAILS ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME:
Location: Sappi Tugela Mill, Mandini, KwaZulu-Natal
Sappi Southern Africa have a position for a finance intern at their Tugela Mill in KwaZulu-Natal. The ideal candidate will have an Accounting qualification (or equivalent). Interns will have the chance to acquire the necessary skills, competencies and working experience within the financial sector. The candidate will report to the Management Accountant and will be required to support the company with various tasks and responsibilities during the contract period.
The main responsibilities of the position will include:
- Capturing invoices on SAP
- Capturing of manual journal entries
- Reconciling all Tugela financial accounts
- Allocating bank transactions to the correct accounts
- Reconciling the bank statement
- Maintaining a filing system
- Processing of non-order related SAP transactions
- Resolving queries with Vendors and Debtors
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO APPLY:
Before applying, please ensure that you meet ALL of the following minimum entry criteria – failure to satisfy all the requirements will result in your application being disqualified:
- Education requirement: must have completed an Accounting qualification or equivalent qualification
- Education requirement: must have completed Matric (NSC certificate)
- Must have passed Mathematics and Accounting in Matric
- Working experience: none required
- Must be computer literate
- Must know how to use MS Office (including MicroSoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE INTERNSHIP POSITION:
Applications must be submitted online here: Sappi Southern Africa Finance Internship
(Reference number: 34511)
You may be required to submit the following documents with your application, so please ensure that you have them on hand when applying: certified copy of ID document, certified copy of tertiary qualification, Curriculum Vitae.
– Sappi is an equal opportunity employer – no applicant will receive preference based on gender/ gender identity/ race/ color/ religion/ age/ disability or any other factor. All applicants are assessed according to skill and specific job requirements.
– If you have not been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
To read Sappi’s internship FAQ’s, please do so here:
To read about Sappi’s recruitment process, please do so here: https://www.sappi.com/recruitment-process
CONTACT THE INTERNSHIP PROVIDER FOR QUERIES:
For any queries related to this internship programme, please contact Sappi Southern Africa directly:
Internship programme contact person: Lebogang Shabangu (ETQA Manager)
Telephone number: 011 407 8527
Email: [email protected]
Telephone number: 032 456 1111
Email address: [email protected]
Or contact one of the other Sappi branches here: https://www.sappi.com/contact-us