MICM Young Orange Scholarship to Attend One Young World Summit 2022
Deadline: July 25, 2022
Are you from the Dominican Republic and interested in creating a positive impact? Apply now for the MICM Young Orange Scholarship 2022 and participate in the One Young World Summit to meet change agents like you from all over the world.
One Young World strives to identify the most impactful young leaders from every country in the world. Their goal is to promote and make visible the work of young catalyst actors who drive development results.
The Ministry of Industry, Trade and MSMEs (MICM) of the Dominican Republic has the National Strategy for the Export of Modern Services, a public policy instrument that aims to develop the orange economy and information and communication technologies sectors, promoting the development of human talent capacities in search of access to opportunities in international markets.
Through this initiative, they have developed 5 fundamental pillars:
- Human Development and Skills
- Investments and Finance
- Institutional Policies
- Market promotion
- Access to One Young World Summit 2022 in Manchester
- Lifetime membership to the OYW community
- Hotel accommodation in a private room between 5 and 8 (inclusive) September 2022 for the Summit
- Additional evening on September 4 before the summit
- The cost of travel to and from Manchester (economy class flights)
- One night hotel accommodation (if required) for the visa application process
- Domestic travel costs to the airport to take the international flight (economy class flight)
- Travel to the visa application process (if needed)
- Visa costs, if applicable (including visa costs and travel required for visa appointment)
- Catering including breakfast at the hotel accommodation and lunch and dinner at the Summit
- Transportation between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Travel insurance between September 5 and 8, 2022
- Translation services for the Opening Ceremony, Plenary Sessions and Closing Ceremony
- Be between 18 and 30 years old;
- Living in the Dominican Republic;
- Have a demonstrated commitment to positive change;
- Have demonstrated leadership skills;
- Conduct a test on the 5 Pillars of the National Strategy for Exports and Modern Services;
- Be involved in the Cultural Industry or Creative Industry (Orange Economy);
- Do not have any conflict of interest with the institution;
- Be registered or register in the Creative Directory.
The application deadline is July 25 09:00 am UK time. Late applications will not be considered.
For more information, visit One Young World.