Deadline: February 8, 2023
Applications for the Kashim Ibrahim Fellowship 2023 are now open. The Kashim Ibrahim Fellowship (KIF) is a one-year non-partisan leadership training programme for young Nigerians between the age of 25-35 years. The one-year Fellowship aims to create a network of high potential young Nigerians who are expected to rise to top leadership positions in the public sector and other spheres of activity over the next decade.
Established in 2018, KIF is an initiative of the Kaduna State Government (KDSG). The Fellowship is named after Sir Kashim Ibrahim, the first post-independence Governor of the Northern Region (1962-1966) who was known for his passion for education and selfless leadership which he demonstrated not only as Governor, but also as a Minister at various times.
The Kashim Ibrahim Fellowship comprises four components, namely:
- Work Experience
- Education Programme
- Community Service
- Fellows will receive a salary and benefits equivalent to that of Special Assistant to the Governor.
- Accommodation: Boarding (and breakfast) is provided in a nicely furnished one-bedroom apartment for the duration of the Fellowship.
- Open to Nigerians;
- Within the age range 25-35 years;
- Be a graduate from an accredited University;
- Must have completed NYSC.
- Note that application for admission to the Kashim Ibrahim Fellowship is entirely an online process. There are no paper forms to complete, there is no application fee or any cost to apply.
- Prior to the specified deadline, you may work on your application at any time and submit it when you are ready. After creating an account and accessing the online application, you can upload materials and request your letters of recommendation.
- Applicants are required to write an essay based on the relevant essay topic (1,000 words maximum), submit a Résumé/Curriculum Vitae (maximum 3 pages), and details of two (2) referees.
- An important part of the application is the Personal Statement where you have the opportunity to demonstrate what you have accomplished and what your goals are for the future as they want to see people who have had a track record of imbibing change and are looking forward to making change as they move forward.
- The most important criterion is to have a real commitment to put your new leadership skills into use to benefit your community, State and Nigeria upon the successful completion of the Fellowship.
For more information, visit Kashim Ibrahim Fellowship.