Jewish Helping Hands Tikkun Olam Grant Program 2022
Deadline: September 19, 2022
Applications for the Jewish Helping Hands Tikkun Olam Grant Program 2022 are now open. Jewish Helping Hands launched its Tikkun Olam Grant program in 2012 to advance their goal of inspiring and supporting tzedakah, justice and righteousness, throughout the world.
Their goal is to help vulnerable populations in the United States and abroad through a variety of programs focused on economic development and social empowerment, with a particular focus on those demographics that have been overlooked and/or marginalized.
In cooperation with local communities, JHH supports programs that are sustainable and scalable through financial and hands-on support. Their objective is to promote organizations and projects that will make a tangible and lasting difference in the lives of the populations they serve. With each of their grants, JHH also intends to share its experience and expertise, so as to help further their joint mission.
- Tikkun Olam Grants are awarded annually. A typical grant award may be up to $5,000.
- Grant recipients may reapply to have their grants renewed one time. Organizations can apply for additional grants for new projects.
- JHH values programs and projects that aim to bring about positive change for groups of all backgrounds and religious affiliations.
- JHH will consider making grants to individuals or organizations that show clear promise to achieve one or both of the following:
- Respond to unmet needs of those who are poor and/or marginalized
- Promote self-help and empowerment within communities
- JHH does NOT make grants to capital, building, or political campaigns, fellowships, or programs administered by for-profit entities. Additionally, JHH grants CANNOT be used to subsidize administrative salaries or expenses, as they require 100% of all grants to be used for the intended program.
In the 2022/2023 Grant Cycle, they are focusing primarily on projects that provide the basic necessities for a decent life:
- Women’s Empowerment
- Internet Connectivity
- Gender Equity
They are also focusing especially on projects in these areas:
- East Africa
- Central America
- North America
- Any Impoverished Jewish Communities
- Step One: (to be completed by September 19, 2022)
- Submit the initial inquiry form
- Grant Inquiry Form
- Step Two: (to be completed by December 5, 2022)
- Selected organizations will be notified by November 7, 2022. If your organization is selected, you will be invited to submit a Full Application.
For more information, visit Tikkun Olam Grant.