Green Stories ‘Clean Vs Green’ Short Story Competition 2022
Deadline: July 22, 2022
Submit entries for the Green Stories ‘Clean Vs Green’ Short Story Competition 2022. This is a targeted competition aimed at using an engaging fictional story to help readers understand how over-cleaning and misinformation about bacteria can mean that we can end up killing our bodies ‘good’ bacteria through over-use of harsh cleaning products.
Your challenge is to write a short story (between 1000 and 3000 words) that helps to raise awareness and shift attitudes, especially for those people who assume that the more detergent the better.
- The main prize for the winner is £500 or the local currency equivalent! They hope to offer additional runner up prizes for the finalists.
- Open to all – they encourage international writers.
- You must be over 18.
- Your entry must be in English and unpublished.
- Your entry must promote eco-friendly cleaning practices (directly or indirectly) or address misinformation about bacteria and cleaning.
- Your entry is between 1000 and 3000 words, includes about 200 words on your thinking behind your approach and how your story meets the criteria. Submit as one PDF/word document.
- The title of the document is the title of the story.
Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- Well written, engaging story between 1000 and 3000 words
- Promotes eco-friendly cleaning practices (directly or indirectly) or addresses misinformation about bacteria and cleaning.
For more information, visit Green Stories Writing Competition.