FT/IFC Transformational Business Awards 2022
Deadline: July 31, 2022
Applications for the FT/IFC Transformational Business Awards 2022 are now open. The Financial Times and the International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, are proud to present the 2022 edition of the Transformational Business Awards, the leading global initiative that highlights and promotes ground-breaking, long-term private sector solutions to major development challenges.
This latest programme marks 17 years of collaboration between the FT and IFC on awards that have had a substantial impact on the way financial and non-financial organisations approach sustainable investment. The judging panel will look at how organisations are harnessing disruptive technologies and business models to achieve impact and scale. Entries are particularly welcome from organisations with initiatives that may provide solutions in fragile and conflict-affected states.
The winner in each category will be announced at a special awards ceremony that will also include the FT/IFC Transformational Business Conference, a major gathering of thought leaders who will explore and debate the issues generated by the Awards.
- Transformational Climate Change Solutions: This award recognises initiatives that leverage private sector expertise and finance and new technologies to ensure climate-smart solutions and environmental resilience across key productive sectors, including energy supply, urban and rural infrastructure, mobility networks, green buildings, waste management, manufacturing, logistics, raw material extraction, supply chain management and circularity, agriculture and food and water security.
- Transformational Human Capital Solutions: This award recognises tech-enabled, scalable solutions that boost human capital by improving on the one hand the access, affordability and quality of healthcare, and on the other, the acquisition of education and skills that help young people and current workforces for the demands of increasingly digital economies. Initiatives that address the digital divide will also be considered in this category.
- Transformational Finance Solutions – Impact Investing: This award recognises impact investing funds that demonstrate innovation, scalability and measured impact in their operations. It is open to funds that can demonstrate concrete impact results and financial sustainability achieved through its investments.
- Transformational Finance Solutions – Gender-lens Finance: This award recognises innovative, high-quality financial solutions for women and women-led businesses in developing economies, with special attention given to sectors and segments in which such businesses are traditionally underserved.
- Transformational Solutions – New Frontiers: This prize will be awarded to the initiative that in the opinion of the judging panel stands apart among the winners of all categories for its level of innovation, impact, replicability, financial viability and sustainability in the context of a developing economy.
- Overall Award: Excellence in Transformational Business: This prize will be awarded to the initiative that in the opinion of the judging panel stands apart among the winners of all categories for its level of innovation, impact, replicability, financial viability and sustainability in the context of a developing economy.
- Open to all private sector organisations, as well as NGOs;
- Only initiatives that have been implemented since 2016 will be eligible.
- Entries to the human capital, climate change and gender-lens categories must have annual revenues of at least US$3 million or a capital base of at least US$5 million, to be eligible.
The deadline for entries is July 31, 2022 at 11:59pm BST. Read the Terms and Conditions before you start your application.
Click here to apply
For more information, visit Transformational Business Awards.