ABOUT THE COMPANY
Edcon (Pty) Ltd is one of the top clothing, textile and footwear retailers in South Africa, with more than 1000 retail stores in South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Lesotho, Swaziland and Zambia.
Edcon has two retail divisions for their target markets:
– The Department Stores Division for middle and upper income customers, includes stores like Red Square, Edgars, Boardmans, CNA, Temptations and Prato.
– The Discount Division for lower and middle income customers, includes stores like Jet, Jet Shoes, Jet Mart, Legit and Blacksnow.
ABOUT THE LEARNERSHIP
Edcon offers learnerships within the retail and fashion industry, particularly in the following fields:
- Supply Chain
- Textile Buyer
- Garment Construction
- Retail Manager
Edcon learnerships usually run over a period of 18 months, whereby candidates will “learn the ropes” of the industry.
Candidates interested in applying for this learnership position should ensure that they meet the following criteria – failure to meet ALL of these requirements will result in your application being denied.
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Completed a Degree or Diploma qualification in your chosen field
- Not curently employed
- Interested in working in the retail and fashion industry
- Able to work independently and in a team
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: http://www.edcon.co.za/careers/
You may be required to submit copies of the following documents:
- South African Identity document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Degree or Diploma certificate (certified copy)
- Curriculum Vitae
Learnership applications generally close in September each year.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you have not received any feedback within 2 months of applying, regard your application as unsuccessful.
Tel: 011 495 6000
Email: [email protected]