Job Title: Business Development Manager
Location: JHB – Northern Suburbs
Duties & Responsibilities:
A senior role with proven track record in developing sales strategy and closing large B2B technology project deals. Well connected within industry, with experience in navigating complex enterprise relationships. Responsible for generating new opportunities with national and global brands in sub-Saharan Africa. Must have a passion for engaging with customers to understand their needs, and facilitating the design of a solution that solves business problems and meets objectives. We are looking for a candidate that is self-motivated, ambitious and entrepreneurial, and can define and implement strategy, as well as managing a P&L.
Duties/Key Performance areas:
– Identify opportunities and develop new business through proactive strategy and implementation to ensure that sales targets are met. Build and maintain strong long-lasting client relationships through a trusted-advisor consultative relationship.
– Engage with industry players, such as suppliers and consultants, to build trust-based relationships and joint business development strategies.
– Maintain good knowledge of the industry technologies in terms of customer requirements and industry trends.
– Prepare weekly and monthly pipeline reports with as much accuracy as possible, ensuring that targets are exceeded. Understand and manage growth though P&L oversite.
– Collaborate with the technical team to identify and grow opportunities.
– Work with pre-sales team to deliver high quality customer solutions and proposals.
– Assist with challenging client requests, escalate to management as and when required.
– By engaging with internal project teams, and managing customers expectations, ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives where practicable.
– Energetic, ambitious, and entrepreneurial.
– Diligent and goal orientated.
– Responsive to customers and a team player.
– A successful track record of more than 5 years in an IT or audio visual sales role that involve complex product offerings.
– Proven track record of setting up and closing large B2B technology deals with large enterprises.
– Preferable exposure to telecommunications and enterprise audio visual solutions.
Preferable relevant bachelor degree in business or technology related.
Senior Enterprise technology B2B sales experience.
Package & Remuneration:
R 40000 – R 90000 – Monthly plus Incentives