Canon Collins Trust Tom Queba Scholarships for Social Change 2022/2023
Deadline: August 22, 2022
Canon Collins Trust in partnership with Tom Queba Memorial Fund invites applications for scholarships for Masters and Doctoral at South African universities in 2023. They will provide funding for up to a maximum of two years and an opportunity to enhance your academic and leadership skills through organised events.
Across all their scholarships, scholars demonstrate the potential to drive change towards just and equitable civil societies. The overriding requirement of the scholarship is that the proposed study contributes directly to social and/or environmental development, and particularly to the betterment of lives and livelihoods of the poorest people in South Africa. They will award scholarships for social change within the following areas:
They will award scholarships for social change within the following areas:
- Humanities and the Arts
- Sciences and Applied Sciences
- In 2023, the value of the scholarship package is R85,000. Funding will be provided for up to a maximum of two years. They support both full and part-time study and will consider applications from those who wish to study by distance learning.
- They also organise an annual conference for current scholars, and hold several smaller events throughout the year. Scholarship holders are expected to participate in these activities and to become part of and contribute to their network.
- be a black South African female national, normally residing in South Africa.
- be in possession of a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application.
- be studying or applying to study at a Masters or doctoral level at a South African university.
Download and read the guidelines carefully before applying for this scholarship. Applications will close at 15:00 BST on Monday, August 22, 2022.
For more information, visit Canon Collins.