ACP-EU Culture Programme: Ignite Culture Call 2022
Deadline: August 17, 2022
Applications are open for the ACP-EU Culture Programme: Ignite Culture 2022. HEVA, in partnership with the British Council and as part of the global ACP-EU Culture Programme, has established a finance facility for the support of creative and cultural industries in 14 countries in Eastern Africa.
This grant was designed to enable organizations to successfully develop new ventures, programs and projects for their target communities and demographics, which will go a long way to making their own work and the work of their target communities more sustainable.
This grant will also enable recipients to design, implement and engage in any suitable activities that:
- Strenthen the creative and cultural ecosystem in which practitioners and organisations operate in Eastern Africa;
- Improve the access and visibility of the diverse creative and cultural sectors in Eastern Africa;
- Promote economic growth of the creative and cultural sector in the Eastern Africa region.
Applicants may apply for grant funding between €30,000 to €180,000. For the purpose of application, this is divided into three tiers:
- Tier 1 -Applicants can apply for a fixed amount of €30,000
- Tier 2- Applicants may apply for an amount between €31,000 and €90,000
- Tier 3- Applicants may apply for an amount between €91,000 and €180,000
- The lead applicant organization must demonstrate that a minimum 51% ownership (by shareholding/directorship) is held by citizens of any one of the 14 eligible countries of Eastern African region.
- The lead applicant organization must demonstrate that it was registered on or before December 31, 2017.
- The lead applicant organization must have audited statements either for a half year period or full year period for the year 2017 and/or 2018.
- The lead applicant organization must have directly implemented 50% within the creative and cultural sector the amount the grant requested, at any time between Jan 2017 and December 2018.
Eligible Value Chain
The lead applicant organization must be working in any of the following value chains:
- Cultural and Natural Heritage: Museums, archeological and historic places, Cultural landscapes, natural heritage, archives, cultural preservation work, cultural food and cuisine, hair, beauty and cosmetic products
- Performance and Celebration: Perfoming arts, recorded music, festivals (music, film, theatre, poetry, etc), fairs, feasts
- Cultural Infrastructure: Physical infrastructure, digital infrastructure
- Visual Arts and Crafts: Fine arts, photography, crafts
- Books and Press: Books, newspapers and magazines, other printed matter, ebooks, physical libraries, virtual libraries, books fairs
- Audio Visual and interactive Media: Film, TV, radio, podcasting, vlogging, video games, Virtual Reality (VR), Augmented Reality (AR) and new media
- Design and Creative services: Fashion, apparel and accessories design, interior design and decorative home, graphic design, architecture
- Creative and Cultural Education: Training, workshops, curriculum development
- Intangible Cultural Heritage Oral traditions and expressions, rituals, languages, social practices, food and cuisine practices, hair, beauty and cosmetic practices
Watch the How to apply video: a step by step guide by Mars Maasai for a detailed understanding of the application process.
For more information, visit Ignite Culture.